The Second International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies (ICT 2004) is an annual conference organizing by the Department of Telecommuni-cations Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Assumption University.
Assumption University has an outstanding reputation for organizing similar events during the past several years. After the great success of the first event (8-10 April 2003), ICT 2004 planned to become an annual forum with a strong international flavor. The authors are invited to submit research papers, maximum ten pages and/or a proposal to organize a technical session/workshop. All accepted papers would be published in the conference proceedings.
Submission of Papers
Prospective authors are invited to submit an electronic version of their paper to the ICT Secretariat by the due date. The length of the camera-ready papers (if accepted) will be limited to ten pages. Papers must not have been previously published or currently submitted for publication elsewhere.
The first page of the paper should include: title of the paper, the full name(s) of the author(s), affiliation, complete postal address, E-mail address, telephone number, and fax number for each author. The first page should also include an abstract, and a maximum of 5 keywords.
The standard two-column typesetting format (or similar) for conference proceedings should be followed for the camera-ready versions of the manuscripts. See URL: <http://www.s.-au.ac.th/~ict/forms/camera-ready.doc> for more details.
Proposal for Organizing Technical Sessions
Each technical session will have at least five paper presentations. The session chairs will be responsible for all aspects of their sessions: including, soliciting papers, reviewing, selecting, etc.
Proposals to organize technical sessions should include the following information: full name and complete address, E-mail, title of session, a short description of the topic of the session, and a short description on how the session will be advertised to colleagues and researchers whose work is related to the session proposal. E-mail your proposal to the ICT Secretariat.
Papers will be evaluated for originality, significance, clarity, and soundness. Each paper will be evaluated by three referees. The camera-ready papers will be reviewed by the conference organizers.
The conference proceedings will be published (both hardcopy and CD-ROM versions) by Assumption University. The proceedings will be made available at the conference. In addition to the proceedings, the papers will be available on the Web for ICT authors and members.
Organizers / Sponsors
A number of university faculty members and their staff will help organize the conference. The conference will be sponsored by Assumption University together with research centers and societies, international research groups, and developers.
Topics of ICT 2004 include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Information and Communi-cation Technologies in the Education System:
Technical Aspects of Information and Communi-cation Technologies:
- Innovative Bandwidth Arrangements for the Education and Training Sector
- Communication and Multimedia Technologies
- New Interactive Commun-ication Applications
- Learning Networks
- Digital Library Research
Telemedicine, Telematics for Elderly and Disabled People
Disaster-Management Information and Communi-cation Systems, Land Mobile Radio Systems (LMR), etc.
- Wireless, Optical, Satellite, and Deep Space Information and Communication Systems
- Communication infra-structure of public and private networks
- Communication systems and software
- Data networking systems
- The computing aspects of communication systems
- Databases and storage systems
- XML, distributed systems and the Web
- Operating systems and software system design and implementation
- Protocols and algorithms
- Industrial Applications
- Mobile Computing, etc.
ICT 2004 is hosted by the Department of Telecommuni-cations Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, Assumption University.
- Dobri Atanassov Batovski,
- Chanintorn Jittawiriyanukoon,
- Sergey Alexandrovich Fedoseev
International Program Committee
- Supavadee Aramvith, CU
- Dobri Atanassov Batovski, AU
- Abdelaziz Lumiere Bouras, University of Lyon, France
- Serghei Fedosseeve, AU
- Lance Chun Che Fung, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
- Hermann Gruenwald, University of Alaska, Anchorage, USA
- Doan B. Hoang, University of Sydney, Australia
- Chanintorn Jittawiriyanukoon, AU
- Teng Joon Lim, University of Toronto, Canada
- Dan A. Ralescu, University of Cincinnati, USA
- R. Sadananda, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Pratit Santiprabhob, AU
- Erich Schikuta, Institut f?r Informatik und Wirtschafts-informatik, Austria
- Nirmala Shenoy, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Putra Sumari, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
For more information, please visit http://www.s-t.au.ac.th/~ict or e-mail to <email@example.com> or 02-719-1515 ext. 3681-2, 3692