The Editor of the AU Tech Note cordially invites staff and students in the School of Architecture, the Faculty of Biotechnology, the Faculty of Engineering, the Faculty of Nursing, and the Faculty of Science and Technology to contribute articles for publication in the Newsletter.
What to contribute?
Any kind of information you would like to see in AU Tech. An illustrative list is given below:
- Personal news (new appointments, promotions, fellowships, awards, travel abroad, etc.)
- Reports of special interest groups, industrial visits, recently launched or concluded projects, open house, field works, etc.
- Reports on recently held workshops, seminars, symposia, conferences, etc. Information about forth-coming activities and events, recent publications, etc.
- Results of recently concluded projects, patents, newly released products and formulations, experiments and techniques, etc.
Please keep the items brief. Please keep in mind that AU Tech Note is a newsletter and not a primary journal. A space of one or two paragraphs, accompanied by photographs, if any, is suggested for an article to be published. All photographs should be of good quality and high contrast in order to be printed in black and white.
How to format the write-ups?
Supply only essential information; round off the data values to just one place decimal whenever possible; choose suitable units to keep the values small.
- Express all quantities only in SI or metric units.
- Spell out in full every acronym you use. The Editor will decide to use whatever acronyms suitable without writing in full.
- Give the correct scientific name of every organism, be they crops, animals, pathogens, pests, etc., at the first mention.
Please remember that this is your newsletter, so please share your views, information and experience with all of us.
Copies of the AU Tech Note are available from the University Information Center.